These standard hi-temp rated sections are designed to withstand oven temperatures up to 600°F. They can be installed inside convection ovens as a preheat or booster prior to convection curing of powders and paints.
Hi-temp modular heat sections are also easily grouped to form IR banks for many applications that require the benefits of short, medium and long wave infrared. Heater sections are also easily bolted and wired together (end-to-end to side-by-side) to form various oven configurations to fit the application.
SPECIFICATIONS • Fostoria 900 Series Sections with a parabolic reflector (Fig. 1), deliver infrared energy across a 130 degree pattern with the reflected infrared in a 65 degree pattern. More energy can be delivered to the product with the parabolic shape.
• Competitor sections with a reflector integral to the heat source (Fig. 2), disperse infrared energy across a 180 degree pattern.
• Three different reflector widths are available: 5 ½”, 11”, and 16 ½” wide parabolic reflectors. This allows the customer to match the power density of the equipment (watts per square inch) to the application.
• Sections are offered in three different widths: 5 1⁄2”, 11”, and 16 1⁄2”. The 11” wide sections can be purchased with one 11” reflector or two 5 1⁄2” wide reflectors. The 16 1⁄2” wide section can be purchased with one 16 1⁄2” reflector or three 5 1⁄2” wide reflectors. • A variety of lengths are offered: 11”, 16”, 22”, 31”, 44”, 55”, and 66”. These lengths are available in all section widths.
• 900 series sections are designed so they can be bolted together side by side or end to end. This makes the fabrication of large heat banks possible.
• Parabolic reflectors are formed from gold anodized aluminum. These reflectors are approximately 85% efficient when new. A normal maintenance schedule using non-abrasive liquid cleaners will keep the reflectors at a high degree of reflecting efficiency.•
• For high temperature applications, stainless steel reflectors are recommended.
• Quartz lamps and quartz tubes can be used in the 900 series modular sections.
• 900 series modular sections include sturdy ceramic SO9 sockets. The socket provides an easy positive means for connecting the heat source leads.
• Heat sources can be wired in series, parallel, or in any combination to suit the process and control requirements.